Registration Ends May 14! [Camp Nerdly May 20-22 2011]

May 20-22, 2011 | $50 for a weekend of gaming and cabin camping fun!

Camp Nerdly Website
Camp Nerdly Blog
Camp Nerdly Twitter: @campnerdly
Camp Nerdly Facebook

36 registrants so far!

Original message: Applications are sent in. How can I be this excited!

Comments

• Super excited as well!!!! Third times the charm!
  • Yeppers, can't wait.
  • I'm already there, in spirit.
  • I hope to make it!
  • Launch that mutha.
  • Alas! If all goes according to plan, I'll be in Morocco during those dates. As much as I love Nerdly, I think Morocco takes priority.
  • When do they usually announce the dates? I'm starting to think about spring/summer plans, and want to include this!
  • Thanks, Jule Ann, I forgot to post here. We got our first pick, May 20-22 2011.
  • Do you have a site link, Mark? I'm adding CN to my "Conventions" link category on my site.
  • Hooray! Can't wait. :)
  • Thanks, Jason--I fond that site but wondered if it was for this year's (as it's numbered and out of date). Linked.
  • Can't wait for Camp Nerdly!
  • What's the current status, Mark? When does registration open, etc?
  • We have the final paperwork from the camp, so that's good to go. A senior committee of owlbears is meeting soon to discuss logistics.

I'm hoping to have an announcement next week. I'd love to get registration started in March, personally.
  • edited March 2011
    Well, a month later, we're ready to go! Who wants to go to Nerdly? I said, WHO WANTS TO GO TO NERDLY?

Camp Nerdly Website
    Camp Nerdly Blog
    Camp Nerdly Twitter: @campnerdly
    Camp Nerdly Facebook
  • I think I might come this year. I'm excited!
  • Here's hoping! Is there anything we can do to make it happen?
  • Awesome! I was looking forward to this last year, so I hope I can make it this year. I think I can.

My non-gaming wife agreed to go last year, partly to be nice, and partly because she likes nature and board games and trying new things. After it got canceled, I told her that I assumed she'd be willing to go this year, and she said she'd consider it. I wanted so badly to invoke the "Let It Ride" rule, but she wouldn't have understood.
  • I'm really looking forward to this. Weird circumstances might mean I can't come, but it's certainly a priority for me.

• I'm confused. Where do we give you the monkeys? I mean the moneys. Er, money. Fiddybutts.
  • There's a paypal link on campnerdly.org!
  • I seem to have some kind of curse that keeps me from Camp Nerdly. Two years ago, my car broke. Last year, it was canceled. I'm going to try to get there again this year, so it'll be entertaining to see if the curse can keep me away for a third time.
  • Posted By: Mark CauseyThere's a paypal link on campnerdly.org!
    Oh hey. There is.
  • Hooray!
    Before I register, I wanted to double check what the deal is with kids and registration fees. I will have a 2.5 year old and a 7 month old. I think I remember something along the lines of "if they need a bed, they pay." Is that right? I'm assuming I need to pay for the 2.5yo. She'll be eating food and taking up space. I'm even okay with her being full-price, since it's not too expensive (although a kid's price would be nice). I just wanted to double check before I pp the money. 2 adults, one kid that eats, one kid that will sleep with me in my bed and hang out in a wrap all day = $150?
  • That is the current policy, yes. However, I'd like to have a brief meeting with parents (whether they brought their children or not) about this sometime during Nerdly. I'll bring some cash on hand just in case an agreement is reached along the lines of cheaper rates for children.
  • Registz0rd! Let's hope there are no curses!

• Thank you. Off to register...
  • What do you consider to be a Nerdly tradition, positive or negative? What would you like to see become a tradition?
  • Posted By: Mark CauseyWhat do you consider to be a Nerdly tradition, positive or negative? What would you like to see become a tradition?
    I loved the talent show.
  • Unseasonably cold and wet weather?

I always underdress. I gotta not do that. The fact that I want it to be warm has little impact on the actual weather, despite my best wishin' efforts.

• That's interesting. By the end of May, there in the deep south, I'm much more worried about the heat.
  • I have many fond memories of Camp Nerdly and if I can make it... I'm there! Unfortunately my scheduling is a little convoluted at the moment (too many things in motion).
  • I have been too hot at Nerdly and too cold at Nerdly. I suggest dressing in layers.
  • Posted By: Mark CauseyWhat do you consider to be a Nerdly tradition, positive or negative? What would you like to see become a tradition?
    I did Jeepform pregnant and I did Jeepform with a baby on my back. I guess some form of Motherhood Jeepform is my tradition.
  • I will be bring the village bicycle again.
  • Don and I are all registered!

As this is my first Camp Nerdly I have no traditions, but I'm sure I could scheme up some ideas for new ones...
  • Yay! Nerdly!

Mark, do we fill out jobs we want or are they truly assigned? It'll be good to see my peeps again after so long.
  • I've usually been cold at Nerdly, so I've always liked it when we have wood to fuel the big dining hall fireplace. Also I thought it was fun to rename the cabins after monsters (did we do that beyond Nerdy 1?). Maybe we could do that again with other game themes- Risk countries, Apocalypse World classes, etc
  • Posted By: Steve SegedyI've always liked it when we have wood to fuel the big dining hall fireplace.
    Yes! Hanging out around the fireplace.

And I've always gotten a giggle when someone freaks out about spiders. There are a lot of spiders. :)
  • edited March 2011
    The funny thing is, it's hard to think of individual details and Nerdly traditions that won't scare people off. I'm not sure why that is, because the experience as a whole is great fun. Which is why I'm sad I won't be able to come this year, thanks to a business trip to Milwaukee.
  • I guess you should count everyone having a job to do as a tradition, right? I'm attracted to that, though I haven't been (yet).
  • Everyone having a job is an integral part of the experience for me.
  • edited March 2011
    Is exchanging regional soda pop a tradition or just something y'all did once?

That's a great tradition.
  • That happens every year. Younce needs his Blenhiems.
  • I've wanted to go in previous years, but haven't been able to. There's a chance this year if I can get my wife to agree to watch the kids as a birthday present. How quickly does this usually fill up? If I hem and haw until next week what are the odds of getting shut out?
  • Unlikely. We've never hit capacity for the camp, which is around 70 people. We don't have a cut off for registration yet but it'll be sometime in May I'm guessing.

Pretty soon, I'll be updating websites with registration numbers and such.
  • Why are the cool kids and con like things in the States? I can't go there anymore and it makes me sad.
  • Why can't you come here any more? Afraid of our defective health care system?