Calling all adjectives!

edited September 2010 in Story Games
Hey! So, I'm working on a game currently called "Gun n Fuck," which is an action movie game based loosely on Crank.

A lot of the game is driven from adjectives describing the central character, the main bad guy, his friends, girlfriend, and foes. The groups I've tried this with have all come up with some neat ones, but I wanted to see what a few dozen heads would come up with.

Here's the deal: there are five different roles:
* The Badass, the main character. Your Jason Statham type of dude.
* The Motherfucker, the central guy who is responsible for condemning the Badass to die.
* The Girlfriend, the person that the Badass doesn't want to drag into all this shit.
* The Friend, the person (or people) that help the Badass. (The doctor and the kid that he calls in Crank would be in this role)
* The Other Motherfuckers, random people that get in the way of the Badass

I'm looking for adjectives that could be used in either awesome or funny ways. In the last game, we came up with for the Badass: Vicious, Drunken, Pissed-off, Hungry, Foreign.

What other adjectives would you find awesome or funny for the Badass? For the other roles?

Thanks!

- Ryan

Comments

• Unshaven, Dirty, Jonesing, Jacked (either he's big and scary or he's been using the needle too much)... hm. Yours are more like personality traits; mine are more like physical descriptions. Is this helpful?
  • edited September 2010
    Your basic...

Laconic
    Old-As-Fuck
    Lady

...Badass

Foreign might be better phrased as "ethnic". The Motherfucker might be Foreign, though.
  • Posted By: Zac in DavisYours are more like personality traits; mine are more like physical descriptions. Is this helpful?
    I'm game for anything! I'm looking to get out of my own head and see what other people can help me uncover.

- Ryan
  • edited September 2010
    Friend: Wacky, Innocent, Cool, Wise

Girlfriend: Angry, Jailbird, Jailbait, Framed
  • Badass: Dogged, Stoic, Wiry, Exhausted, Fashionable, Quick-Tempered, Meticulous, Unflappable, Ripped

Motherfucker: Rich, Intimidating, Bored, Vengeful, Mischievous, Cold-Blooded, Manichean, Relentless, Charismatic

Girlfriend: Whip-Smart, Curious, Loaded, Pregnant, Childish, Icy, Selfless, Insatiable, Brooding

Friend: Oily, Deadbeat, Feisty, Compulsive, Loyal, Tiny, Moralizing, Inventive, Garrulous, Ill-Tempered
  • Motherfucker:
    Smug, Gloating, Cruel, Tyrannical, Sophisticated, Pretentious, Paranoid, Vengeful, Polite, Honorable, Loquacious, Sesquipedalian, Artistic, Unpredictable
  • righteous, strung out, country, rock n' roll, punk, sexy, fast, easy, modest, cruel, jealous, zealous, wild, tormented, unrelenting, tireless, tenacious, boisterous, calculating, kung-fu, hoary, vicious, killer, metal, hip-hop, street, ginger...
  • I'm going to give you some adjectives divorced from their characters, because I think mix-and-matching them will create some more valuable combinations than just having me slot them—better to surprise you that way, methinks:

hot, seedy, shady, debauched, decadent, insane, insolent, merciful, severe, placid, feckless, true, aimless, errant, ferocious, vivacious, timely, felicitous, surgical, sweet, saccharine, foolish, courtly, gallant, twee, homely, forthright, dashing, trippy, loopy, sordid, wanton, vicarious, certain, superior, brutish, boorish, loutish, young, harrowed, ragged, Zen.
  • Knucklehead, Hoodlum, Hooligan, Salty, Peeved, Bare-Knuckle
  • Scarred, over-confident, suave, acrobatic, level-headed.

Just a few.

• Overworked, underpaid, sycophantic, syphillitic, trashy, charmed, flaccid, delusional, indignant, serene, demure, manipulative, docile, overreaching, unrealistic, grounded, suave.
  • Posted By: Will HindmarchI'm going to give you some adjectives divorced from their characters, because I think mix-and-matching them will create some more valuable combinations than just having me slot them—better to surprise you that way
    Man alive, yes.

Thank you everyone! Please keep 'em coming. These are awesome. I want to play many games with them.

- Ryan
  • Um, crazy?
    ... or Crazy-As-Fuck?

I'd suggest checking out the Urban Dictionary.
  • I'd maybe change the gender-specific Girlfriend to something else?
  • Oh, and maybe call The Friend, The Help?
  • edited October 2010
    Ditto Nathan on the girlfriend thing.

Weary, reluctant, flamboyant, pimpin, dutiful, born-again, knocked up, coked up, tweaking, paraplegic, boozy, stacked, woo-woo, deformed, philosophical, mutilated, castrated, dreamboat, exuberant, intellectual, straight-laced, homosexual, timid, burned-out, chipper, well-groomed, hippy, ratlike, porcine, nerdy, vanilla, guileless, wigger, emo, redneck, gangster, raver, burner, pervy, flaky, twelve-stepping, senile, asthmatic, bipolar, fey, posh.

Only the Motherfucker can be bad.
  • ...and change the title to Gun n Hug.
  • ... or Hug n Hug?