My own personal OSR

edited August 2010 in Story Games
So this morning I printed out my Mist-Robed Gate pdf and headed down to the basement to bind it. To get to the binding machine, I had to move a couple of old boxes of stuff that my mother had recently given me...old junk packed up when I went off to college and never opened since, sure to be 95% garbage. I started digging through the boxes, sorting stuff into 3 piles: garbage, recycling, and keepers. About the time I got to the bottom of the first box, I found:

These were the books that I used in junior high; by the time I was in high school, we moved on to AD&D. It's amazing that they are in such good shape.

Damn, I may just need to pick up Lamentations of the Flame Princess, or at least Swords and Wizardry.

Comments

• Wow, those are in great shape!
  • Gorgeous! Can we peek inside?
  • That's amazing!
  • Here's some photos, showing the fiirst couple of pages of "Men & Magic" and the example dungeon from Volume 3. The pics aren't great, but they should give you the feel.

• edited August 2010
    1 3-Ring Notebook (referee and each player)
    Graph paper (6 lines per inch is best)
    Sheet protectors (heaviest possible)
    3-Ring Lined Paper
    Drafting Equipment and Colored Pencils
    Scratch Paper and Pencils
    Imagination

...I like how much precedence they gave office supplies over imagination, here. lol

also funny that they specify a patient referee.
  • I'd like to point out that when I wrote the list of "recommended equipment" for a game we worked on together, Mcdaldno told me to take it off. lol
  • Who makes six lines per inch graph paper? That's such an odd ratio.

Besides Incompetech, I mean...
  • That's just 5mm metric quad, Jason. This is what I'm using right now.