Where is 1st Quest?

edited July 2010 in Story Games
So I recently heard about 1st Quest by Judd Karlman and I am interested in more info on this game. Is there any more information out there than this podcast or this podcast? Just curious if there is an ashcan or playtest version out. Or even the game itself, if it is finished.

Comments

• edited July 2010
    It isn't finished and there is just about nothing that I can show you. I have pledged not to look at it until I have my MLS finished.

But thank you so much for your interest. If you whisper your e-mail to me, I'll contact you once I have something to show and/or playtest.

Thanks!
  • Didn't we hear about First Quest at the Indie Games Roundtable in ... 2006? Maybe 2005?

• Judd, why are you wanting to have your Major League Soccer finished? Do you mean the FIFA World Cup? Can we expect 1st Quest at GenCon then?
  • Master of Library Science.

also, Judd, if you have like ten minutes or so in the next week and a half for a quick interview about the way the internet is changing libraries and library sciences it would be awesome.
  • Posted By: Joshua A.C. NewmanDidn't we hear about First Quest at the Indie Games Roundtable in ... 2006? Maybe 2005?
    Gaming Jesus won't let us cast stones. Tenra has been "in production" since 2004. Stranger Things before that.

-Andy
  • Posted By: Joshua A.C. NewmanDidn't we hear about First Quest at the Indie Games Roundtable in ... 2006? Maybe 2005?
    Yes, you did. It will be done when it is done. I make no apologies nor have any shame for allowing life to go before game design.

Lady Blackbird's format combined with my con playtesting has given me newfound inspiration on how the game will eventually be published.
    How's Beowulf coming, Joshua?
  • ok, ok, we loled, but let's step back from that particular pit of double-edged sword-wielding stone-throwing vipers...
  • I think "It'll be done when it's done" is a great attitude to have. Much better than setting deadlines.

A Taste For Murder took years. There was a lot of pressure to publish before I felt it was ready, but I'm glad I didn't.
  • How's Beowulf coming, Joshua?

Quiet, you.

• I'm still looking forward to 1st Quest, if that helps!

And I also believe in taking one's time, unless you're a money-grubbing Designer.