[McDaldno] Have You Seen This Dog?

edited May 2010 in Story Games
Okay, I've got a real scoop for you guys: tonight we discovered the next game that Joe McDaldno's going to create! It's called "Have You Seen This Dog? ('Cause He Is Awesome)," and it's the first story game that requires having a dog present to play it. I can even offer you a sneak peek at the cover, designed by Shannon:

So, you're going to be playtesting this at Go Play NW, right Joe? We're all looking forward to it!

Comments

• I don't like dogs :P

I'd suggest "Cat", but it might be problematic to keep a cat present for the duration of a game, unless drugged.
  • Never mind what I said about playing Ribbon Drive. I pledge to play this EVERY MINUTE OF GPNW.
  • edited May 2010
    I am going to endanger my future marriage by skipping out on wedding preparations to come to GPNW to play this fucking game. But if I win, I'm taking the dog with me.
  • That dog is awesome.
  • This feels like the sequel to Sea Dracula. Mechanics: pleasing the dog=success, failing to please the dog=failure. Though it's probably harder to fail to please him than to please him. Dogs live to be pleased.
  • Posted By: philarosOkay, I've got a real scoop for you guys: tonight we discovered the next game that Joe McDaldno's going to create! It's called "Have You Seen This Dog? ('Cause He Is Awesome),"
    Wait, what contest was that one for again?
  • Finally, another game I can play with my dog.

I'm wondering how well it would work with multiple dogs present.
  • Guys! Guys, guys, guys.

You don't have an actual dog present. Jesus fucking christ, think about the liability on that one!
    This is jeep, people. The structure is highly mechaphorical.

Someone plays the dog.
    Someone else plays the spirit of youth, and someone else plays a consortium of actual youth.
  • Posted By: McdaldnoSomeone plays the dog.
    Someone else plays the spirit of youth, and someone else plays a consortium of actual youth.
    ...And there's a pair of GMs whispering in your ears, telling you what you are thinking.
  • Posted By: Jason MorningstarPosted By: McdaldnoSomeone plays the dog.
    ...And there's a pair of GMs whispering in your ears, telling you what you are thinking.

I was thinking that the spirit of youth's job was to whisper into the youth's ear.

BUT JESUS CHRIST MORNINGSTAR WHO IS DESIGNING THIS GAME ME OR YOU!!!
  • THIS IS BULLSHIT MAN I'M OUT
  • I figured the dog would just slobber into your ear, implanting its own desires into your psyche.

But now you've pissed off the Morningstar. It's going to turn into a fiasco, I just know it.
  • edited May 2010
    No dog, no game.

DO OVER

• I may be biased as it's my dog, but I'm with John.

It also provides an excuse to bring Chewy, in all his awesomeness, to GoPlay.
  • Posted By: Paul T.But now you've pissed off the Morningstar. It's going to turn into a fiasco, I just know it.
    That's exactly why I wanted him out. Because he was just going to turn it into another Fiasco.
    We'd be tilting dogs within an hour, if he had his way.

Posted By: John HarperNo dog, no game.

DO OVER

Fine, you're right.
    I cave.

The dog is back in.
    Who's bringing their dog to Go Play?
  • Well, I do sort of consider you my bitch, so...
  • I should probably point out that we probably can't bring an actual live dog into Hugo House, at least if it's not a service animal.

Probably.

However, there is a very large park nearby where people could have dogs on leashes, and an off-leash park several blocks down the street.

I'm just saying.
  • Phil,

I'm reading between the lines here and assuming you want me to write a game about seeing-eye dogs?
  • Joe, all I am saying is, we realized that not only were you the man to write a game requiring a real live dog as part of the game's mechanics, but also the fact of that realization meant you were already working on such a thing. So only you can tell us if it needs to be a seeing-eye dog. However, I will point out the working title is Have You Seen This Dog?, which seems like an obvious connection.
  • Posted By: McdaldnoSomeone plays the dog.
    Is this all 'cause Jake played a psychic dog in Ribbon Drive that time?
  • Expansion: Has this Dog Seen YOU?
  • There may have been some drinking at the GPNW meetup last night. Just saying.
  • I saw that dog! He's right there in the OP!