It's time for a big hug

edited January 2010 in Forum Discussion
I'm not asking anyone to put their heads into their asses and say that everything is fine and that everyone who post here is a wonderful person but still... I like these forums a lot. I learned and read wonderful/interesting/insightful things here.

So thanks Andy and thanks to those who took the time to post here and make me remember every once in a while why I love to play and design games.

Comments

• WHY OH WHY WOULD THEY DECAPITATE A TREE LIKE THAT? AND WHAT MONSTEROUS THINGS LIVE IN THE BOTTOM FLOORS OF THE GREEN AND RED BUILDINGS THAT THEY CAN'T PUT WINDOWS ON THE BOTTOM HALF FOR FEAR OF ESCAPE?

• Ah well, at least I tried.
  • edited January 2010
    This sentiment is always welcome: A call for people to "take it down a notch", stop with offhanded comments on posting styles designed to draw folks out, and other classic Anonymous Internet Behaviors.

However, when I took a step back to see all the craziness that's going on... It looks like it's just the Vietnam thread. Which I didn't even know about until I was bored and clicked on it about an hour ago, because I really don't have any interest in gaming Vietnam. To borrow from about one thousand rap songs, in that thread there are folks droppin' bombs like Vietnam.

Outside of that thread... looks like activity as usual.

That reminds me, I need to do up a S-G style logo/pic thing for Praxis, probably a cutaway of underground factories, subways, pipes and infrastructure that runs underneath the Happy Town above, to be the Yang to the Happy Town's Yin.

-Andy
  • Posted By: AndyHowever, when I took a step back to see all the craziness that's going on... It looks like it'sjust the Vietnam thread.
    I don't go through all the discussions looking, but that sounds about right. And for my part in encouraging droog to keep on flinging feces, I apologize. Sometimes it's just too much fun to feed the trolls and conversation suffers.

So count me in on the hug.
  • I have to say, I had no idea there was anything going on, apart from the clue provided by Jason's mysterious "how to ignore people" thread. Now I know where to find the controversy! *rushes off to read the vietnam thread*
  • I love Story Games. It meets 95% of my online nerd needs. Andy deserves big ups.

Although I didn't realize that tree was decapitated until now. That's super weird.
  • You don't love me! You never wanted a poster! You wanted a slaaaaaaaaaave!!!

*flounces to room, slams door*
  • What fuck is up with that tree?

Oh yeah - love the site. Thanks everyone!
  • I think Andy should take a note from Google and fiddle with this image once in a while to keep us guessing :P
  • That tree had it coming.
  • I really am glad I found this site. Ever since the great Forge Exodus, it's been my home-away-from-the-anyway-blog!

:)
  • SG has its ups and downs, but it remains one of my favorite sites. :3
  • I'll give a big hug all around, so long as no one asks what's in my pocket.
  • I really like it here. Hug.

O, I'm moving into the land where the tree was. I chopped it down. My bad.
  • Hugging is unhygienic.