New Podcast: Designer vs. Reality

I'm launching a new RPG Podcast: Designer vs. Reality. The focus is going to be actual play recordings of playtests of games in development. The first three episodes (two of which are already available) are based on playtests of my game Final Hour of a Storied Age which I played with one of my Skype RPG groups. I'm hoping that the podcast will inspire a few people to volunteer to playtest with me over Skype. Also, if there are any designers out there who are interested in discussing "I'll playtest your game with you if you playtest my game with me" arrangements, I'd be willing to consider them, since I want to make sure to provide a steady stream of content in my feed. I can't deliver an intact group to play other people's games, just myself so far, but it would only take a few volunteers to hit critical mass for a good playtest.

Comments

• I just posted the third episode. I'm open to any feedback about the show or the game we playtested.
  • I'm going to use my ego trait. I'm in the playtest, you should all listen.
  • I listened to the second episode yesterday. I liked it.
  • I posted the fourth episode, another playtest of my epic fantasy game Final Hour of a Storied Age. The group that participated in this session formed over on praxis with the intention of helping each other out by playtesting each others' games over Skype (hopefully I'll get some audio of playtests of their games for future episodes). If any designers out there are interested in trying out Skype for playtesting I encourage you to head over to the praxis thread to see if you can form groups.
  • This is a cool show, but the title made me think it was a panel show with one game designer and a person who really does the things the game is about, like a lawyer and a game about lawyers, or a soldier and a wargame, and so on. :D
  • Posted By: JDCorleyThis is a cool show, but the title made me think it was a panel show with one game designer and a person who really does the things the game is about, like a lawyer and a game about lawyers, or a soldier and a wargame, and so on. :D
    MAKE THAT SHOW.

I want to listen to Mike Mearls interview a Swordmage.
  • I posted a new episode, this time featuring a playtest of Lance Allen's game ReCoil.