Dear Santa

edited November 2009 in Story Games
I would like a role playing game about psychiatric emprisonment used as political repression (for instance as practiced in the Soviets circa 70s). The players purpose would be for their characters to escape. K thx bye.

Comments

• Sounds good! Looking forward to your first draft. The Psikhushkas are fertile ground for horror gaming.
  • I see My Life With Master in your stocking...

(synchonicitous side note: I've been long-threatening to run My Life With Santa, where sad toy-minions try to win the love of boys and girls and escape the domination of the cruel beast-teacher Santa, who forces them to punish bad children. "He knows if you've been bad or good, so be good for goodness sake...")
  • You should have a Santa that punishes you with guilt like a traditional italian or jewish mother. "You weren't able to win over little Jimmy? *sigh* What did I do to deserve this? I give you good food and a place to sleep. All I ask of you is to bring some joy to children. You might as well rip my heart out of my tummy full of jelly! Don't you love your Santa?"
  • Dear Santa:

I want a good French Resistance themed game set, with about a half dozen self-contained hacks from dirty hippie systems, each designed for a single evening of interesting gaming.
  • Dear Boulet,

Perfect would be right up your alley, perhaps. Criminals and vigilantes struggle against a Victorian-Dystopic state, a state that wants to "fix" them.
    If you're interested, whisper me your address, and I'll see about a Christmas present.
  • I want a game where a vampire, a. Truly wretched miserable despicable creature ends up in a concetration camp and the inmates are first terrorized then offered the choice between recognzable humanity and becoming unrecognizable for revenge. No fashion victims. No cool sexy outsiders.
  • Posted By: OgremarcoI want a game where a vampire, a. Truly wretched miserable despicable creature ends up in a concetration camp and the inmates are first terrorized then offered the choice between recognzable humanity and becoming unrecognizable for revenge. No fashion victims. No cool sexy outsiders.
    F.

Changing "next victim" to "next candidate", could you do this with Annalise?
  • Yeh, I'm biased but my first thought was that that would be a killer Annalise game.
  • That's the idea I was looking for. Excellent. Thanks, SantaJoe and SantaNathan.
  • Posted By: bouletI would like a role playing game about psychiatric emprisonment used as political repression (for instance as practiced in the Soviets circa 70s). The players purpose would be for their characters to escape. K thx bye.
    Who needs history when we have the present?
  • Dear Santa —

I would like a competitive (GM-free?) game involving Russian mobsters working for and against one another in a struggle for money, power and pleasure. Something involving hand-drawn tattoos on the players' skin is optional. Basically, Santa, I want Eastern Promises the game. That would make me happy.

With regards to Mrs. Claus,
    Sam
  • Posted By: Sam HRussian mobsters working for and against one another in a struggle for money, power and pleasure
    We had two seasons of a PTA show with that premise. Of course "you could do that with PTA" is sort of a non-gift, but PTA itself is a wonderful gift.
  • Dear Santa,

I really want a game where I can play Blake's Seven. That is, a game where I can visit alien worlds. Sign Away Stranger was good, but it makes me stay on one world.

Cancel the pony.

Graham
  • "you can do that" with PTA" is like a good stocking stuffer.
  • Posted By: OgremarcoThat's the idea I was looking for. Excellent. Thanks, SantaJoe and SantaNathan.
    Ho ho ho, merry christmas!