Shreyas, what is it that bothers you about the Fantasy Flight Games logo?

edited August 2009 in Actual Play
You mentioned it in the WFRP 3rd ed thread, and I didn't want to derail the thread, so what is it that bugs you about it?

Comments

• These, right?

• - Because it reads as "Ft" a bit?
    - Because the lower arms of the Fs don't line up square?
    - Because it looks like the Flash logo?
  • I think its because Shreyas was there the night the FF logo beat the shit out of me in a dark alley and told him it'd beat him too if he ever told anyone.
  • Personally, that would give me quite a high opinion of the FF logo.

Graham
  • edited August 2009
    Because it could never be as cool as this?

Notice how the lower bars on the f's line up.
  • Sometimes I still cry when someone mentions it.
  • It's not straight, it's not upright, it's a crooked logo! Crooked.
    • Because the lower arms of the Fs don't line up square?

That. I'd like it to have a G element too, and the shiny-unknown-material-with-a-beaded-edge treatment is so last decade (and also so very nerdy; after 1998, didn't we stop using that effect outside of metal album covers?) I'd like to see it tightened up and done in solid colors like proper logos are. The 45-degree rotation does nothing for me, except perhaps suppress a possible FHJ reading (supposing you were to align and join the F bars).

• This thread is for serious.
  • It looks like a logo created for a hypothetical Super Nintendo cyberpunk game in 1997 that's supposed to represent some evil megacorporation . All it needs is some pixelisation around the edges."IN THE YEAR 20XX JACK KANE WOKE UP IN A SEATTLE BLACK CLINIC WITHOUT REMEMBERING WHO HE WAS. HE HAD JUST ONE TAPE IN HIS CORTEX MEMORY MODULE, ONE PIECE OF DATA THAT POINTED HIM TO THE SINISTER AND ALL-POWERFUL FALCON FUJIWARA CORPORATION..."
  • Because the lower arms of the Fs don't line up square?
    I didn't see it until it was pointed, and now I cannot unsee it. It's like a psychic allergy; I'm itching all over.
  • Posted By: BentIt looks like a logo created for a hypothetical Super Nintendo cyberpunk game in 1997 that's supposed to represent some evil megacorporation .
    1997? Last hurrah of the glorious translations:

BY THE YEAR 20XX JACK WOKE UP ON KANE IN A BLACK CONFIDENTIAL HOSPITAL OF SEATTLE, TO REMEMBER OUTSIDE, THE ONE THAT WAS. IT ALSO HAD TAPE IN ITS MODULE OF THE MEMORY OF THE CRUST, THE EARTH A PART OF THE DATA, OF THOSE MYSTERIOUS SOCIETIES OF FUJIWARA OF THE VIDEO OF THE OMNIPOTENT HAWK AND...
  • [cite]Posted By: DevP[/cite]I didn't see it until it was pointed, and now I cannot unsee it. It's like a psychic allergy; I'm itching all over.
    Me either... Hate exists for that logo where before there was none. haaaaaaaaate
  • edited August 2009
    I really like the whitish/bluish one, actually. A Lot. In fact, I actually prefer that the arms don't line up, It'd look too much like a Web2.0 button if they did.

-Andy
  • edited August 2009
    Perhaps because it looks like a stylized pair of toe-fetishists orally pleasuring one another?
  • edited August 2009
    Posted By: komradebobPerhaps because it looks like a stylized pair of toe-fetishists orally pleasuring one another?
    *looks*

Urk.

I hate you. I hate you most of all.
  • Posted By: BentIt looks like a logo created for a hypothetical Super Nintendo cyberpunk game in 1997 that's supposed to represent some evil megacorporation . All it needs is some pixelisation around the edges."IN THE YEAR 20XX JACK KANE WOKE UP IN A SEATTLE BLACK CLINIC WITHOUT REMEMBERING WHO HE WAS. HE HAD JUST ONE TAPE IN HIS CORTEX MEMORY MODULE, ONE PIECE OF DATA THAT POINTED HIM TO THE SINISTER AND ALL-POWERFUL FALCON FUJIWARA CORPORATION..."
    I want to play that game. Now.
  • Ron,

It's less hypothetical twin brother is still available on all the finer SNES ROM sites...
  • Posted By: Ryan StoughtonBY THE YEAR 20XX JACK WOKE UP ON KANE IN A BLACK CONFIDENTIAL HOSPITAL OF SEATTLE, TO REMEMBER OUTSIDE, THE ONE THAT WAS. IT ALSO HAD TAPE IN ITS MODULE OF THE MEMORY OF THE CRUST, THE EARTH A PART OF THE DATA, OF THOSE MYSTERIOUS SOCIETIES OF FUJIWARA OF THE VIDEO OF THE OMNIPOTENT HAWK AND...
    I'd play that.
  • Posted By: Levi-Who-Babbles.Posted By: komradebobPerhaps because it looks like a stylized pair of toe-fetishists orally pleasuring one another?
    *looks*

Urk.

I hate you. I hate you most of all.

It's like The Yellow Sign; Once you see it, you can never un-see it.