[PAX] why I love my flgs.

The Dreaming comics and games just offered to sponsor me to PAX for the tiny price of running two hours of games a day at their tables. The best part? I can totally run more, and boy do intend to.

Wow, I need to get printer ink on the way home tonight so I can run off character sheets for pregens.

I've known these folks forever, but this is just... wow.

Comments

• Hey, that store is like two blocks from my house. Of course, they don't know me from Moses, so I probably can't get the same deal.
  • Sweet, dude!!
  • Posted By: Jonathan WaltonHey, that store is like two blocks from my house. Of course, they don't know me from Moses, so I probably can't get the same deal.
    But Clint knows you, and The Dreaming knows Clint, and maybe Clint could promote even more games with an assistant...
  • Jonathan, that's cool you live so close to there. We'll have to meet face to face sometime.

Also, if you haven't gone in yet, do so, Aron's a really decent guy.
  • Best game store in Seattle hands down, unless gaming space is a must for you.
  • Their stock was impressive, in terms of RPGs. Comics-wise, I was a bit disappointed, but what can you do. Also, it looks like your stereotypical cramped, dimly-lit Cave of Wonders where only geeks in black t-shirts dare to tread. The staff were nice, though. Still, I'm a bit disappointed if that's the best game store in Seattle. I'd prefer something brighter, more open, with space to play, less ubergeek-tastic, and more welcoming to a general audience.
  • Try Gamma Ray Games on capitol hill, though it might be a swing too far in the other direction. Also nice staff, but maybe a tad too sterile.
  • There's Story Gaming at PAX? Tell us more? I was thinking of going this year.
  • Cool. I'll check it out.
  • Aron has offered to sponsor Joe to come in and do Ribbon Drive stuff too, I think.

Jonathan: The Dreaming's clientele is actually pretty diverse, but I think it takes more than one trip there to see that.
  • Luke and I will be there, I believe running panels and such. Also: expect some Action Castle and other madness.
  • Posted By: amnesiackAron has offered to sponsor Joe to come in and do Ribbon Drive stuff too, I think.
    Hey, yeah!

Indie game designers: Talk to Aaron. He said that he's setting up table space for designers to play and sell their games, just because they love and want to promote indie games. (Also, of course, because they're going to see increased sales from "our" demographic. The deal might include them getting a cut from your sales, too - I dunno.)

I'm considering going and running a panel or two, demoing my game, and playing some stuff.
  • Lukas, I wasn't trying to diss the clientèle. Everybody I've met in Seattle so far has said the Dreaming is awesome. I was just giving my first impression as a walk-in.

Apparently, all the multi-day badges have sold out for PAX. Do people know when the indie games stuff is going down? Which days should I go?
  • Jonathan, Mickey and I will be there on saturday, and I will be there on sunday.

Jared, here's hoping we can get in more than a handshake today.

Everybody, come to PAX and hang with us.
  • Congratulations, Ogre. That's cool.

Aron is one of the nicest guys in Seattle. It's ridiculous how nice he is, except you wouldn't actually ridicule him for it because he's just that nice.
    Posted By: Jonathan WaltonI'd prefer something brighter, more open, with space to play, less ubergeek-tastic, and more welcoming to a general audience.
    What you're describing is a board game store, not a comics/RPG store. (Although having seen Pandemonium in its new(ish) Central Square location, I'm wondering if that's what you have in mind.)
  • Posted By: OgremarcoEverybody, come to PAX and hang with us.
    That'd be great... if it wasn't the same weekend as Bumbershoot. What are the PAX organizers thinking?
  • Is it too late to talk to Aaron about this?
  • Sweet, some storygaming down at PAX...

I'm gonna be there all three days, so I'll be sure to try and seek out any awesome gaming going on.

Anyone got anything particularly awesome set up?
  • I'll be there all three days, also. YAY.