Minor but annoying whisper bug

edited August 2009 in Forum Discussion
When I whisper to someone in a thread that has reached more than a page long of comments and I get whispered back and I click on the link to read it, for some reason the forum sends me to the beginning of the thread. And then I have to click to the last page and scroll down until I find the new whisper. It's not ruining anything but I wish it'd work.

Comments

• Am I the only one experiencing this? It could be the skin I'm using but I doubt it.
  • It's probably something inside the Vanilla software, so Andy may not have anything to do about it.
  • Posted By: Thunder_GodIt's probably something inside the Vanilla software, so Andy may not have anything to do about it.
    Yes, that's correct. It's a recognized issue with the whisper notification extension that Andy's using. As far as I know there's no (easy) fix.
  • I know Andy has a 48-hour turnaround with all reported bugs, so we should hear back from him shortly. The reason he hasn't posted in this thread is probably because he's hacking the PHP as we speak.

Graham
  • Posted By: timfireYes, that's correct. It's a recognized issue with the whisper notification extension that Andy's using. As far as I know there's no (easy) fix.
    I can live with "there's no easy fix" :) It's minor, no need to shake heaven and hell for this.
  • Or maybe he's waiting for Vanilla 2? No more whispers there!!!