Feel free to try shit out here. This is The Sandbox

edited January 2006 in The Sandbox
Spend a few posts getting used to these forums.

Comments

• Here I am trying to test the BBCode radio button.

And here's a link for testing:
    www.tenra-rpg.com
    http://www.tenra-rpg.com
  • Once more with feeling:
    www.tenra-rpg.com
    http://www.tenra-rpg.com
  • Oh, and truth be told, I don't mind if people fuck around on creating new discussions in the various categories, above. Anything to get us fired up.
  • Dude! Second poster here.

Let's try various [i]formatting[/i] tags.

yrs--
    --Ben
  • Yeah, looks like when you want html, you have to click the html button. Markdown is the "WIKI language" where you use two asterisks on either side of something to make it bold.

• /Markdown is awesome/

• Is there a place we can learn the markdown code?

• Uh, OK. Here we go. So if I'm comfortable with HTML that's all good?
  • Let's see if HTML
    works.
  • edited March 2006
    bq. mmkay

*pow!* _zing!_ "go to the window":http://www.com
  • Well, I'm'a try markdown.

John Harper wrote:

testy mctest

• edited January 2006
    Was a test, now nothing. [quote] doesn't work in BBCode.
  • OK. It seems easy. Let's see what happens if I do ...

this!
  • Oh, right. So links are in a href format. Um, how 'bout ... this?
  • edited January 2006
    quotes...

herro

Note: That neat Markdown reference linked to somewhere around here says that Markdown should also parse HTML; tests indicate that Vanilla doesn't do that. (It's a lot of fun learning how a new piece of software works)
  • edited January 2006

What's code?
    Oh, it's that stuff! Pretty.

Float

• edited January 2006
    Levi, try <a href="http://members.shaw.ca/LeviK/Exchange.pdf">your link text</a>
    in HTML mode, which comes out as:
    your link text
  • Shiny. Thanks!
  • Or, if you just post a link in "Text" mode, it'll come out all underlined for you. But yeah, wtih HTML or Markdown you can do other cool things as well.

-Andy
  • the difficulty I had before was that in one format, a slash followed by "me" gives a link to your username - and that's how my filenames start.

/me
  • Do I roXXors with my markdown?

Or my links?

My knitting blog
  • Doh, guess not.

How about... now!

my knitting blog

• Durn it. I can't get the markdown working. I suxxorz.
  • Wish we had a freakin' preview button. Instead:

> This is a thing I want to help stop and, aggravatingly, I fall prey to it myself often enough to piss off people on both sides a bit, now and then.
    >
    > But I think we need to stop it, and I've been trying.
    >
    > No names. Just ideas. What else can we do?

I hope that looks right.
  • Markdown. Select markdown first.

This is a thing I want to help stop and, aggravatingly, I fall prey to it myself often enough to piss off people on both sides a bit, now and then.

But I think we need to stop it, and I've been trying.

No names. Just ideas. What else can we do?

• Everybody else can figure out how to quote. Why can't I?
    This is a thing I want to help stop and, aggravatingly, I fall prey to it myself often enough to piss off people on both sides a bit, now and then.

No names. Just ideas. What else can we do?
  • This is just sad.

<quote>This is a thing I want to help stop and, aggravatingly, I fall prey to it myself often enough to piss off people on both sides a bit, now and then.

No names. Just ideas. What else can we do?</quote>
  • Grrr.
    Quotey quote quote

• edited February 2006

This is a blockquote.

This is the second paragraph in the blockquote. This is an H2 in a blockquote
  • Okay, y'know what ... I'm not having fun any more. This is now me beating my head against a wall because I refuse to give in.
    Quote, dammit!
  • Okay, so ... what you're saying ... is the people doing blockquotes are doing them in HTML?
    Like so?
    Good to know.
  • edited February 2006
  • Only ... that looks nothing at all like the yellow thingy I was looking at.

What's more, your post looked one way when I wrote my last response, and now looks an entirely different way. Which is wonky. I'm glad I read it back when it was comprehensible.

Does the mode that I'm actually posting in change how I read the next page of comments? That would be crazy.

• edited February 2006

Well, I'd cut & pasted something that I'd thought was Markdown. Turns out it was HTML. So, I edited it to HTML code and it came out right. I'm following the 'basic instructions' from that Markdown link up above

-Eric

• edited February 2006
    I'm learning markdown.
  • edited February 2006
    Okay, I'm going to keep editing this thing until I get it right. No need to keep doing multiple posts. What I want is the yellow quote boxes. I think they look keen.

Quotey the quoting quail.

And, of course, I immediately get it. That's the HTML code tag, folks. Do it like this:

&lt;code>Quotey the quoting quail &lt;/code>

Now to try to remember what I was going to say before I got wrapped around the axle with how I wanted to say it.
  • Heh, yeah. It looks like the Master Coders From Beyond are working on a "Quote Button" for the next release (it might be a little hard, as what it parses will be different based on if you're selecting Markdown, HTML, or BBCode). I'm better with HTML, so I just use the for quotes. Appartenly you can do the same in Markdown with the "single backwards apostrophe" (what is that called anyway), the one to the left of the Number One (when you hold shift and press it, you get a tilde ~). That is "Code" for Markdown. IIRC.
  • edited February 2006

This is Markdown.
    Yep, it's that backwards apostrophe under the tilde for Markdown.

• edited February 2006

Like this?

Uh ... I'm not seeing it. I put that backward quote under the tilde at the start of a line, and all I get is the backward quote under the tilde.

EDIT: Oh, wait, I got it. You surround an area of text with those backward quotes. Got it. Thanks!

• edited February 2006
    Like this?

this is me quoting Quotey the quoting quail

Edit: yay I got it.